The Pacific Schutzhund Dogsport Club (PSDC) was formed by a group of individuals all dedicated to attaining high levels of training with their dogs. This training requires a commitment from its participants not only in time, but of hard work, a willingness to learn and a love for the outdoors. We train all year round, regardless of the weather.
The PSDC is not a training agency nor will we train your dog for you. We are also not a place to simply come and 'work' your dog. We are a club whose members all share the same philosophy of schutzhund and the principles of foundational training. Members receive guidance in training their dog from the more experienced members and we all work together to achieve our goals.
We are active members of the German Shepherd Schutzhund Club of Canada (GSSCC), the governing association for Schutzhund sport in Canada.
Our club prides itself on honesty and integrity. The following club member expectations are what make us who we are:
- Treat your fellow club members with respect.
- Every member's success is celebrated no matter what level of achievement.
- Teamwork and support is the cornerstone of our success.
- When conflicts arise, open communication and maturity will prevail.
- Constructive criticism is appropriate but please don't insult or belittle.
- Professionalism and sportsmanship should be shown at all times.
- When trialing, wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Club uniform is preferable or black pants with a white shirt. Jeans and camouflage should never be worn in a trial.
- When participating at schutzhund events or visiting other clubs, remember that you represent our club. Your representation, both good and bad, effects us all.
- We are all adults and like to have fun but consumption of alcohol is not tolerated during training.
- Remember, this is your hobby. Enjoy the bonding time with your dog and have fun!