We train all year round regardless of weather.
Every member is expected to support one another whether it is spotting, coaching, helper work, track laying or just a distraction. Because we rely on the support of each other, it is imperative that you notify a member of the executive if you are going to miss a session.
- Members must work their dog in all three phases and all members must be working towards trialing. No tracking, no obedience = no protection.
- No smoking is permitted on the training field.
- No alcohol consumption is permitted during training.
- Members are expected to set up and take down training equipment.
- All members are responsible for cleaning up their dogs' waste.
- No loose dogs on the field. Dogs must be under control at all times.
- It is every member's responsibility to ensure that their own dogs are not disturbing other club members, or the general public, with excessive "senseless" barking. Dogs should not be barking during tracking and obedience.
- 6 foot leash - Used for obedience & protection training.
- 10 foot leash - Used for teaching tracking.
- 33 foot leash - Used for more experienced tracking and a requirement for trialing.
- 3 or 4 foot leash - Used for obedience training and a requirement for trialing.
- Fursaver link collar - Used for controlling the dog and a requirement for trialing.
- Crate - A crate is a safe place for your dog in between training sessions.
- Tug toys - Used as a reward in training and for teaching the foundation of protection work.
- Handler Scorebook - Used to maintain a log of the handler's trial results. Not required for trialing but is required for obtaining any of the GSSCC Sports Medals. Available for $10 through the Club Secretary.
- Dog Scorebook - Used to maintain a log of the dog's trial results and is a requirement for trialing. Available for $20 through the Club Secretary.
- Rulebook - Contains the rules of Schutzhund as governed by the GSSCC. Available for $10 through the Club Secretary